Bags and other belongings should be put in the lockers in the reading room.
Please present your III identification card and recieve "A stack permit" to enter the library stacks.
Please leave your III identification card on the IC card reader at the service counter.
Materials Period Max. of Vols. Books 2 months 20 vols. Bound Journals 1 week 5 vols.
- Non-circulating materials:
- Unbound journals, theses, reference books.
- Books located at a faculty member's office:
- In principle, access is prohibited.
- Loan extention:
- Loan extension allowed once, except for reserved items, or under delay penalties by logging into MyOPAC.
- *** Librarians must have access to borrowing materials at any time. Please tell us when your address, telephone no. or e-mail address is changed!
- *** When you are leaving III, please return all library materials and cross-check your borrowing records with librarians!
Borrowing materials must be brought to the service counter.
Please restore viewing materials as before.
Please fill out the appropriate form before making copies with self-service facilities.
Faculty and staff may use the facility next to the service counter. Graduate students may use photocopy machine in front of the library.Also, coin-operated copy machine provide convenience to all users.
Former III/GSII or ISICS (Institute of Socio-information and Communication Studies) member can also apply for a visitor's card (Dokuji-riyosho) for access. Please consult a librarian.
Please be sure to bring your identification card with you.
Each library within the University of Tokyo has the individual regulations. About acceptance condition of each library, please see "User Guide" of List of Univ. of Tokyo libraries.
*The library provides III members with a Mutual Lending Slip (Tosho-shakuyosho) which is required by some laboratory at the Faculty of Letters.
The library issues a letter of introduction for the convenience of III members. Please consult a librarian.
Please see Use Guide of MyOPAC.
Some services are possible to use by the public expense. Please ask the details at the service counter.