|Admission / Using Reading Room
|Using Stack Materials
|Delivery Request for III/GSII Library Materials
- Weekdays: 10:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 [Calendar]
- Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays, Dec. 28 to Jan. 4
Advance Inquiry before Visiting
- First, please confirm materials you wish to use using UTokyo OPAC.
inquire in advanceabout availability of the materials by e-mail (click here for the address) or fax. Some materials may not be available because of being out on loan, being located in a laboratory, or being in poor condition. Prior applicationis required to use rare materials.
Admission / Using Reading Room
There are no procedures required to enter the III/GSII Library or use materials in the reading room, such as newly arrived books and journals for the most recent year.
Using Stack Materials
Most of the materials are kept in the stacks.
- To use stack materials, apply at the counter. The staff will then retrieve the requested materials from the stacks.
- Please present your official identification and fill out the
stack materials retrieval request form.
- You can request
5 items at a time.
- Please fill out the
photocopy application formset by the copy machine and submit it to the counter.
- You may photocopy portions of library materials within the limit of the Copyright Act of Japan, with the exception of the materials not suitable for electronic copying such as damaged materials.
|Cash (coin/1,000 yen bill)
|For library materials only
|Black & White
* The library cannot provide change, so please bring small denominations as needed. 1,000 yen bills can be used.
Delivery Request for III/GSII Library Materials
For Those with Institutional Affiliations
Those who belong to an academic institution (e.g., a university) may request delivery of books or copies of materials held at the III/GSII Library through the Interlibrary Loan system. Please consult the library of your institution.
For Those without Institutional Affiliations
We do not accept delivery requests for materials from those who lack institutional affiliations. Please visit in person the III/GSII Library to use its materials.